From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't perform multiple counter operations on USB-6210

Hello,

I am trying to perform two separate counter measurements on my 6210.

-The first counter is setup in Max as a Linear Encoder. This is working properly.

-The second counter is setup in Max to read Frequency. This will not work. Explanation:

If I create a Task to acquire both counters, Max will not allow me to add the second counter channel to the task. (Multiple measurement types are allowed, but apparently not these two). If I try to read the two channels separately as Global Virtual Channels, the first will read fine, but then I get an error saying the resource is busy before the second counter can be read.

There must be a way to do this. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,267 Views)

You may want to look at this KNOWLEDGEBASE ARTICLE: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/45E936F57132054D8625765E00577EB4?OpenDocument  🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,250 Views)

kevmi2ca, are you going to be working with LabVIEW?  If so, you can use the DAQmx Channel Property node to re-assign those PFI lines as mentioned in that article.  Here is a quick overview of DAQmx Property Nodes:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5338

Specifically, the property you would use is CI.CountEdges.Term.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)

Thanks guys. I think what I'll try to do is determine the frequency using the angular position measurement. This should be feasible using the proper math technique. I'll just need to figure it out...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,227 Views)