LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Ni-Spy after loading NI 488.2 on XP PC

Hello Board,

I have loaded & un-installed and re-loaded NI 488.2 version 2.6 on two new pc's running XP. Max opens up and sees the connected harward after scanning as usual, but when I try to open NI-Spy to monitor the calls I get ?Clone@cNISPYLog210@@UBEPAVINISPYLogger@2N@Zcould not be located in the dynamic link library.  NISpyLog.dll."  I have loaded NI-488.2 on several other pc's and this is the first time I have sent this error. Am I missing a file in my NI-Spy folder or do I have something missing in Labview? I am using  version 7.0.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,465 Views)

Hello tryn,

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Also, I found a KnowledgeBase article speaking of a similar error with a different driver.  Take a look and see if following these steps for your driver shine any light on the matter. I have attached a screenshot of all the nispy dll's on my system along with their location. Go through and ensure that you have exactly one copy of each of these files.

Regards,

---

Peter Flores
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,437 Views)

Hello Peter,

It appears the NI-488.2  disk was corrupted. Max ran fine and all the Ni-Spy dll's appeared to be loaded, but the executable wouldn't open. I loaded a seperate disk and repaired and now the Ni-Spy executable runs properly.

Thanks for the help and response

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,429 Views)