From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install on Windows 2000 computer

I am working with Labview 2009.  I have built an installer that I need to load on a computer running Windows 2000.  I get an error stating that it requires XP or later.  I did select the 2000 or later when I built the installer.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,963 Views)

Hi Dray,

Can you give any more specifics on the problem you're seeing?  What components are you including in the installer? And does the target PC have Labview or any other NI software installed already? Any other clarifications that you can give would be helpful in resolving this issue.

James M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

James M. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,939 Views)

I am still new to labview but I'll try to give you as much info as I can.  Myself and a colleague created a Labview program for CAN simulation.  Months ago we created an application and installer and ran it on the Windows 2000 computers and it worked fine.  Recently we made a few updates, nothing major, but when we ran the setup on windows 2000 we got the error.  We tried to uninstall labview and any NI software and reinstall with the same error.  The only components listed  are:  NI Labview Run Time Engine 2009 SP1, and NI-CAN 2.6.3.  My colleague mentioned that we did get some new discs for an update to the Labview 2009 and we have installed those. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I can get more info concerning that if needed.  Thanks for your reply and your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,923 Views)

Hi Dray,

Is there any chance that you have Labivew 2010 also installed on your development PC?  I've noticed some other people have had issues when trying to build installers for Win 2000 from Labview 2009 when they have Labview 2010 installed - this occurs because Labview 2010 does not support Win 2000, as it is built on fundamentally different architecture that is incompatible with Win 2000.  The creation of installers can be a complicated process when multiple versions of Labview are installed.

Otherwise, do you have another PC with Win 2000 that you could test your installers on? Also, do you have any of your previous installers available to try?

James M. 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

James M. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,885 Views)

I've found the solution the hard way:

DO NOT install the f3-patch, because that (like later versions of LabVIEW) requires XP-sp2 on the client.

LabVIEW 2009 SP1 with the f1-patch = (9.0.1f1) can create installers that work in Win'2000, and all the way up to Win'7 (both 64-bit and 32-bit).

p.s.  NI-DAQmx 9.1.1 with the p1-patch = (9.1.1f2) supports the same range of OS's.  I use Win'2000 installed in a virtual-machine to do my compiling.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,864 Views)