LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't initialise the Receivers of PXIe-5840

Hi!

I wanted to initialise my 4 VSTs in a sub-Vi, however somehow I can't read the device name just right after the Ni initialisation  Vi. As you can see the names become grey out and this means not correct. Can anyone give me any idea why this happens? 

I also upload the screenshot of my code.

Regards,

Edward

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,919 Views)

I have seen issues with trying to get at the hardware of an RT system after a restart for TEDs devices and a USB-gizmo.

I ran it up the flag pole and R&D declared it was not a bug in LV or the drivers but rather the OS.

I had to add a delay in the start-up to get them to work but Support wanted me to "loop until it was good".

Nott sure if that helps you but if it does it saves you the time of working with support.

Ben

Spoiler
Re: The delay time... It seems to vary with the hardware mix. More hardware more time required.
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,914 Views)

Hi Ben

What you mentioned sounds make sense. I will  try to figure it out with your suggestion and tell you if it works.

Thanks.

Edward

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,892 Views)