LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't index parts of VRML model with Object.Get Object

Dear Mr van Zuilekom,

Thank you for your respond.

The 8.5 code works, so the suggestion is to create a DLL from the part what doesn't work in 8.6. You are able to call the DLL from your Labvie 8.6 VI, please refer to the upper part from the following knowledge base , I hope this will work until the issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,232 Views)

This was reported to R&D (CAR # 125788) for further investigation.

Roy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,223 Views)

hello,

i tried to create a shared library on LV 8.5 and to call it in LV 8.6. however it does not work for to open a vrml file.

i have prospected further to found the limits:

1) i am able to share a simple shared library - void fonction(int a, int* b, string c) - between 8.5 and 8.6. it works well.

2) i am NOT able to share a shared library with a pointer on a path - void fonction(path* p) - as argument of the fonction. LV 8.6 crashed.

3) however, i am able to use the function described in 2) when it was created on 8.5 and called on 8.5. it works also when it was created on 8.6 and called on 8.6.

for information, i run this on a mac intel. (shared library are frameworks, not dll)

any solution? or do i have to wait until the next release?

regards

d

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,164 Views)

I attached a VI showing an example of how to reach your objects with the new VRML loader.  The VRML loader preserves the groups/nodes/transforms from your VRML file and constructs them into a scenegraph tree.  So there are basically two ways to get to what you want.

1.  You can walk down the scenegraph using get object to find what you are looking for, this can vary based on how your VRML file is structured.

2.  You can name your shapes in your VRML file, and use Find Object to return a reference directly to them.

The VI shows both ways of going about it, and the .wrl file has examples of how to name shapes.  Basically DEF <name> Shape{}.

Message 14 of 17
(2,109 Views)

hello,

thank you for this information and the solutions. it works well for me.

regards

d

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,092 Views)

Im using LabVIEW 8.6 and the example attached works fine. I have a VRML file I wish to get the vertices of so I can scale the model into my 3D Scene (I know that real world dimensions so I can effectively normalize the dimensions).

After I load my  VRML file into a Scene Object I try to cast it to a SceneMesh. Is there anyway of finding out how many objects are within a VRML file or is this irrelevant to my issue?

Any help woul dbe appreacited, my code and file are attached.

Tom P.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,936 Views)

Sorry here is my attachment

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,899 Views)