From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Device Names from host

This was working, but now no longer is. I have since installed 2010 SP1 but also got a new hard drive so I don't know exactly what changed. On my host I am wanting to get all channels and to populate a combobox because I like the look much better than an I/O control. However, DevNames is empty. If I drop a DAQmx device name constant, it is also empty and only gives me the option to browse.

If I drop the DAQmx Device Name constant on my code under the RT target, it finds everything. Is there something I need to configure to get it to recognize the devices from the host? My hardware is all showing up in MAX and I just updated the drivers to coincide with SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,418 Views)

I'm going to rephrase this question:

How can I get the Physical Channels list from a remote device?

Lol, much more straight to the point. I just want this so the user can select which channels to view, should their wiring change down the road...I don't have to use shared variables do I...?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,403 Views)
One last bump
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,387 Views)

You said you can see all your hardware in MAX. Try creating a test panel in MAX to ensure you can communicate with your hardware. Are you able to run examples from the Example Finder in LV successfully? Try adding a simulated device in MAX. Does this device show up in LV when you insert a classic DAQmx Device Name I\O?

If you can successfully do all these things, there may be a MAX Database corruption.

Jordan

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,364 Views)
Thanks Jordan. I will try these things tomorrow but may just call in to get phone support, as I find that more efficient. I will be sure to post back once I have a solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,354 Views)