LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find SVE in Executable

Solved!
Go to solution

In the Shared Variable.lvproj example project that shipped with LV2016, there is a VI named Shared Variable Client - Variable API.vi. I modified the url in this vi to point to a SVE that I have running on my PC (created and maintained by another process). In the development environment it works and the requested data values are retrieved and displayed. If however, I build the VI into an executable I get Error -1950679035 which says that the SVE can't be found.

Any ideas?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,620 Views)

The distributed System Manager may give you a clue if the SVE started and the variable you are after deployed OK.

The other thing to note is that the network related settings used when we build an exe are determined by the properties of the PROJECT so look there for settings as well.

Take care my brother,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,615 Views)

Hey Ben;

Thanks for the reply! The distributed system manager says that the server is all green and is showing live data.

I had thought about the INI settings, but don't see any values that look particularly promising.

Mike...

PS: Hope you all had a good Christmas and that the New Year is good.

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,590 Views)

The other option listed in "explain errors" indicates the SVE can be busy.

That is as far as I can walk since YOU know I do NOT use Shared Variables.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeporter

I finally stumbled across the problem. The company I am working at redirects a lot of common directories (like the user desktop) to a network drive. I was building the executable into a subdirectory off the desktop so it was running from a network drive. Not sure what difference it makes, but I moved the same executable to a local drive and it works like a champ...

Mike...

PS: I hear you about shared variables, but things are what they are - for now at least.

LabVIEW Champion

Message 5 of 6
(2,549 Views)

Hi Mike,

I was following your blog in 2016. Good to see you on the forums and that you're still doing LabVIEW!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,540 Views)