From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find PXIe 8135 as a option in MAX

Hi

I am trying to setup a project with the PXIe 8135 controller and the PXIe 1085 chassis but can't find it in MAX. I am currently downloading the latest DAQmx drivers 9.6.1, so hopefully that helps. I am trying to run the setup the project with simulated hardware until we get the PXI that's on order.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,073 Views)

Hi PXi8135

You should find the controller under the chassis expanded under 'Devices and Interfaces' on 'My System'

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,066 Views)

NO Luck... Look DAQmx 9.6 is not installed yet and it look like I dont have support for the PXIe8135 yet I am running LABVIEW 2011

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,060 Views)

Hi Again

I checked the manual here, on page 6 you can see that PXI Platform Services must be installed for the controller to show up properly in MAX.

Do you have a PXI Platform Services CD or a National Instruments Driver DVD?

Alternatively you can download it here

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,056 Views)

This looks like it could be the answer that I was looking for, will update you if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,054 Views)

I was just told by NI support atht he PXIe-8135 only supports LabVIEW 2012 if you're using it for Real-Time. I noticed also in a host computer that doesn't have 2012 that it's unable to display the controller at all in MAX either.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,955 Views)

Hi H-Yong,

It is seems that I am facing the same problem with you, I am using Laptop to connect to PXIe-8135, which is embedded in NI PXIe-1082. But in "my system", PXIe-8135 does not appear. Please find the attached picture.

I dont know why, I am using Labview 2013.

Please guide me if you have already solved your problem 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,378 Views)

Sorry, I actually cannot remember how this was fixed 😞

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,373 Views)