LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find PXIe 8135 as a option in MAX

Hi

I am trying to setup a project with the PXIe 8135 controller and the PXIe 1085 chassis but can't find it in MAX. I am currently downloading the latest DAQmx drivers 9.6.1, so hopefully that helps. I am trying to run the setup the project with simulated hardware until we get the PXI that's on order.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,084 Views)

Hi PXi8135

You should find the controller under the chassis expanded under 'Devices and Interfaces' on 'My System'

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,077 Views)

NO Luck... Look DAQmx 9.6 is not installed yet and it look like I dont have support for the PXIe8135 yet I am running LABVIEW 2011

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,071 Views)

Hi Again

I checked the manual here, on page 6 you can see that PXI Platform Services must be installed for the controller to show up properly in MAX.

Do you have a PXI Platform Services CD or a National Instruments Driver DVD?

Alternatively you can download it here

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,067 Views)

This looks like it could be the answer that I was looking for, will update you if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,065 Views)

I was just told by NI support atht he PXIe-8135 only supports LabVIEW 2012 if you're using it for Real-Time. I noticed also in a host computer that doesn't have 2012 that it's unable to display the controller at all in MAX either.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,966 Views)

Hi H-Yong,

It is seems that I am facing the same problem with you, I am using Laptop to connect to PXIe-8135, which is embedded in NI PXIe-1082. But in "my system", PXIe-8135 does not appear. Please find the attached picture.

I dont know why, I am using Labview 2013.

Please guide me if you have already solved your problem 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,389 Views)

Sorry, I actually cannot remember how this was fixed 😞

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,384 Views)