Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to WebVI using browser

Hi everyone.

I've been following these 2 tutorials to setup my first WebVI: 

Github webvi example

NI video tutorial

It's running without a problem in NXG, and also by going to SystemDesigner and running it from there which takes me to the browser.

I understand that I can't just load the main.html file and run it from anywhere on my pc, so by following the tutorials mentioned above I've put the folder with compiled build into

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs

But I can't connect to it on neither 80 and 9090 port.

I've checked by using netstat -o in cmd if there are any programs that are "using" either of those ports but both are free.

I've however found that my NI Web Server service is not running, but I can't start it and it gives me error code 1. Could that be the reason of my problem or is that service responsible for something else?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)

The NI Web Server must be configured before it will be able to host your web application.

You should be able to launch the "NI Web Server Configuration" application from the Start menu. This white paper goes into some detail on the different configuration options and the security considerations that you should make when deciding on one of them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,374 Views)

@Bonana wrote:

Hi everyone.

I've been following these 2 tutorials to setup my first WebVI: 

Github webvi example

NI video tutorial

It's running without a problem in NXG, and also by going to SystemDesigner and running it from there which takes me to the browser.

I understand that I can't just load the main.html file and run it from anywhere on my pc, so by following the tutorials mentioned above I've put the folder with compiled build into

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs

But I can't connect to it on neither 80 and 9090 port.

I've checked by using netstat -o in cmd if there are any programs that are "using" either of those ports but both are free.

I've however found that my NI Web Server service is not running, but I can't start it and it gives me error code 1. Could that be the reason of my problem or is that service responsible for something else?

Recently i has resolved the same issue. Follow up this link,

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LrSSAU&l=en-IN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,351 Views)