cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call web service

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I call web service from LabVIEW 2018 to a web application in LabVIEW NXG but it doesn't show the value. What should I config or what should I do?

Thank you in advance. Cat Happy

bl11w web service.PNGlabview2018 block diagram.PNGblock diagram nxg.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,091 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author therinoy

Hi therinoy,

Looking at the Web Resources you have configured in the LabVIEW 2018 project, I think the URL in the WebVI may not be fully configured.

I would expect a URL similar to http://127.0.0.1:8080/BL11WebService/MainPage but right now it seems like the web resource name was omitted from the URL.

You can verify the URL by right clicking on a Web Resources VI, such as MainPage.vi, and choosing Show Method URL. Detailed instructions are available in the Testing section of the Creating and Accessing a LabVIEW Web Service tutorial.

In addition, WebVIs in LabVIEW NXG 3.0 and prior do not support automatic error handling. It may be beneficial to implement error handling by wiring error wires to an indicator to see if errors occur on the WebVI diagram in-case the error messages can provide more detail. More strategies for debugging are available in the Debugging a WebVI topic.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,083 Views)

Hello Milan.

Thank you so much for answering me, now I found the problem. It not about localhost but I forget to create a control on the front panel of web service, that why the value not show. Whatever, I have to thank you again. Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
(2,058 Views)