LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't build any installer

Hi, 

I can't build any installer, even for simple test application - with the same result on two computers (one with W7-32 and another - with w7-64) and different LV (LV2009, LV2010sp1, LV2011) .
The result is always the same:

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_InitializeDistribution.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage.vi 

Loading product deployment information
Loading product deployment information

*** Error: Improper function call or command line argument. (Error code -30)
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage
The MDF does not have support for distribution language LANGID 9.
*** End Error Report

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,870 Views)

Hi diz_vara,

Try downloading and installing the new update service, this will update the installer framework.  On occasion, upgrading and including multiple versions of LabVIEW can leave some older dependencies and the new framework can fix some of these issues.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2617/lang/en

Try this out and post back if you the problem remains.  Hope this helps!

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,825 Views)

Hi, Cole,

thank you for the adviece. I've installed the update - but nothing changed: I stlll receive the same error message about 'LANGID 9'

regards,

Anton 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,809 Views)

Hi Anton,

I've been checking through our database, and we have had this issue pop up a few times, all of which were fixed by an uninstall re-install.  It is very strange that this occurred on two different computers, have you ever been able to build an installer?

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,795 Views)

Hi

I faced the same issue for many days and updated everything from my windows and labview (with modules) but did not got any results. 

I didnt wanted to uninstall and reinstall labview (too much time consuming). But this is not the only solution.

If you have the setup files (i.e. unziped files in C:\National Instruments Downloads) then you can just open the uninstaller and repair LabVIEW. This will replace the corrupted files and program will be as good as newly installed.

It worked for me and i didnt find any definite solution so thought i should share.Smiley Happy

-Regards

Rishav 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,793 Views)

@rishavpreet wrote:

Hi

I faced the same issue for many days and updated everything from my windows and labview (with modules) but did not got any results. 

I didnt wanted to uninstall and reinstall labview (too much time consuming). But this is not the only solution.

If you have the setup files (i.e. unziped files in C:\National Instruments Downloads) then you can just open the uninstaller and repair LabVIEW. This will replace the corrupted files and program will be as good as newly installed.

It worked for me and i didnt find any definite solution so thought i should share.Smiley Happy

-Regards

Rishav 

This often happens as the result of accidentally moving a folder in windows explorer. (I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone corrupt an install by moving a folder and it is not limited to NI software!) A re-install sees that "Stuff (tm)"  ain't where its 'sposed to be and puts it back where it belongs.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,790 Views)