From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Press Start Button (Control)

I feel pretty stupid for asking this question but I'm fed up with this sprinkler lol...

Can someone explain to me why I cannot press the "start" boolean control?

The sequence is supposed to be: Hit the Setup button> Hit the Start Button.

However I can't press the button, it's like the program froze?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,289 Views)

Your issue may be that you have not pressed the Setup button first.  Your state machine goes from Init to Wait on Setup, where the Setup button is required to transition to the Wait on Start state.

I highly recommend that you consolidate all the event structures into a single Idle state where any button can be pressed to execute the desired operation.  If Setup is required before Start you can disable the Start button during init until setup is completed.

Additionally, your Running state will only execute one since there is no value wired to the timeout input of the event structure and therefore the Zone Indicator will not update to show the state of the test.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 2 of 3
(2,253 Views)

Yeah it definitely would be good to get a timeout/idle case going I'll give it a shot as soon as I get the chance.  Thanks for the reply!

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,216 Views)