From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Labview 2017 - Confused Please Help

Hello,

I purchased the full version of professional LV in 2017. My SSP is expired, so I do not get support for product, I get it. However I am not able to redownload LV'17, even though I have a valid serial number.

I own this serial number and can freely use LV2017 forever, but there is no way to download it. When I go to Downloads, it seems I cannot download older version of labview unless I have a valid SSP .. but  own a 2017 License ... so what gives? How do I download the SW I rightfully own? 

Can someone help me understand this or show me how to download LV2017 (which I own)?

Thanks,

-P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,758 Views)

Have you considered contacting NI directly ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,703 Views)

You are not the first one to discover that you cannot download LabVIEW (or LabVIEW toolkits) without a valid SSP:

Here a two previous examples:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabView-runtime-engine-6-1-needed-asap-Why-is-everything-below/m-p/...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Where-can-I-download-Labview-2012-RT/m-p/3950906/highlight/true#M11...

I agree, get in contact with your local NI office and complain about that.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,562 Views)

The fist thing I did when I got my SSP way back in 2013 was to download all the versions from LV 8 on up before my SSP ran out.  It was a problem even back then.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,548 Views)

I don't get it .... I OWN my license, this is some shady bs NI is pulling to force people to maintain an SSP, but I can't right now. 

Is this even legal? to deny a license owner of a copy of their SW they purchased?

Also don't I need an SSP to contact support? This is some BS.

Has anyone had to deal with this? How did they solve it? I'll try to call them today and if I find a solution I'll post it here for documentation.

-P

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,465 Views)

I can tell you that the actual download link doesn't check that you're up to date on your SSP, just the links to it.

Unfortunately, I can't post the actual download link here... the last time I did this my post was removed by NI, so I'm not doing that again.

However, the fact that it worked means that after you contact NI and prove your purchase, you should be able to have a link sent to you from NI that works.  I just can't tell you for certain that they'll actually do that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,363 Views)