LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Global Virtual Channel

I created a global virtual channel in MAX (on a Real-Time Controller PXIe-8130RT) and used it for a while.  I then deleted the channel during a reconfiguration.  Currently in my software, I use a DAQmx system property node to get a list of Global Names and physical channels, and I see this old virtual channel appear in the list.  It is not listed in MAX under Data Neighborhood, but the system still sees it, and the physical channel is still configured to the original I/O channel (which I want to use for another signal).  It also appears when I export the channel list to an INI file.  Is there anyway to clear this virtual channel out of the system?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,971 Views)

Hi ssto,

What version of MAX, LabVIEW, and DAQmx are you using?

I did a test and it removed the channel correctly.  I have LabVIEW 2010, MAX 4.7.0, and DAQmx 9.2.

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,935 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2009, DAQmx 9.1.1, MAX version 4.6.2f1.

We've created and deleted lots of other channels with no problems.  But this one was the very first one we created when we built the system back in March 2010.  During that time we have updated DAQmx to 9.1.1, but the channel was originally created when DAQmx and MAX were an earlier version, 8.9.5.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,931 Views)

If you are unable to remove the task you may have a database corruption. You can simply clear it using the option in MAX Tools»DAQmx Configuration»Clear DAQmx configuration. (Warning this will clear all DAQmx data from MAX)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,905 Views)