LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create Wrapper VIs for Following Web Methods

Hello all,

My company maintains a web service (created in .NET) that we use to accumulate and sort test results.  I'm currently writing a program in LabVIEW 2012 SP1, and I am trying to report the data from my program to the company web service.

I try to import the web service by going to Tools -> Import -> Web Service, then enter all pertinent information (URL, authentication and proxy info).  LabVIEW finds the web service and the methods that are included without any problems.  However, when I hit the "Generate" button at the end, it reports an error: "Can't create wrapper VIs for the following web methods", and it lists all methods included in that web service.  It gives a few possible reasons (write protection, same VI exists in memory, more than 12 parameters), but I have consulted with the applications developer who created the web service and he assures me that none of those reasons can be the cause.

I've tried a few different things, but this is new territory for me, and I need some help.  Has anyone encountered a similar issue before?  The usual Google search is not yielding useful results.

A few facts that may be pertinent:

The web service is known to function properly, as it has been used in conjunction with other programs for six months or more.

I thought there may be a problem with LabVIEW being unable to convert the data types of various parameters, but even if I only attempt to import one method that contains three parameters (all strings), it still gives an error.

The only VIs included in the resulting library are "Open Web Service.vi" and "Close Web Service.vi", both of which I assume are generic LabVIEW VIs and are not dependent on our specific web service.

We tried a different (placeholder) web service and it worked just fine, without any problems.  This service was not created by our on-site applications developer, so we are not certain if it was created in .NET.

Any useful info would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,262 Views)

Hey Churchbus,

What version of .NET is it built in? I am wondering if that is causing some of your issues. Once we know this, we might be able to help a little more effectively.

I also wanted to make sure you have seen this WhitePaper that discusses Web Services pretty well. 

LabVIEW Web Services
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7747/en/

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,211 Views)