LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me what Property Knot this is?

Hello again!

Sorry, but i Know my next question sounds so simple, but ive been trying each one of the property knot but i havent found this exact one.. This one is from the previous project(which i am handling right now), so i would like to do the block diagram over again, but i cudnt find this particular property knot.

can someone tell me which one this is? :-s

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,830 Views)

THose look like property nodes for the cursor two graphs.

Not knowing the lnaguage I'll guess....

Active Cursor

Curso Position

Axis sometihg

No idea

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,829 Views)

Hi Ben,

it's the German LabVIEW version: ActivCursor, X-Axis.Range, Width, Cursor.PositionX.

That coincidences with the translation failure of "Eigenschaftsknoten" to "property knot" Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 10
(2,819 Views)

Hello yes..I understand german.. but german is not my main language.

I mean i want to do another property knot like this, but i cudnt find the exact same one on the list of property knots.. :-s its not ActiveCursor etc etc.. Because the element will be different when showed in the block diagram..

So i would like to know, what is the name of this particular 'property knot' ..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,815 Views)

Thank you Gerd!

I was born in Munuch (Army Base near Airbase where my father was stationed) but left before I could talk. That means I still get a kick out of trying to read German.

Related story (sorta)

My buddy purchased a N-scale Blast Furnace kit and the instructions where in German. I called my wife who was in transit home and she could not stop giggling at my attempt to read it over the phone so I never got a good translation from her. Latter another buddy arived who was also born in Germany but stuck around long enough to understand and he tarnslated the phrase as "We hope you enjoy your new blast furnace".

So, you say that story does not change your life?

I said it was related, not interesting. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,813 Views)

Hi apapa,

these are property nodes!

If you would tell (or even better: show) us, which property you are talking about, then we would be able to help you...

How can we know the property name, when you don't tell what you want to achieve?

@Ben:

You probably meant Munich? The city with the well-known beer drinking festival? Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,806 Views)

Hello. Sorry for the wrong term i used. Labview terms are still aliens to me.. :-s

I have two graphs on my front panel.. first graph is my Voltage Current graph against time.. (its a mixed signal graphs, if i say it right.. 2 curves in one graph) ...

In the second graph, continuous video/pictures recording the whole welding process against time will be shown..

What i would like to have is.. When i move my cursor on the first graph, to a certain position of time, say t=0.20sec,

The cursor on the 2nd graph will also automatically move to t=0.20, showing me the video at the time where it gives me the corresponding voltage and current(the first graph) ..

How do i do this using property nodes? From the previous project from my colleague, he used that particular property node. I would like ot understand better how it functions, but i cant seem to find it. :-s because there are so many types of property nodes

Attached is the .vi data i did so far, in version 10 and version 8.6 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,796 Views)

Hi apapa,

you should try the property "Cursor -> Cursor-Position -> Cursor-X". It's rather easy to find that property amongst all others: you just need the X position of a cursor...

First you read that property from the first graph, then you write that property of the second graph.

But don't forget to select the the "Active Cursor" for each graph by using a property node Smiley Wink

The picture from your first message shows exactly this: reading the properties from the first graph and setting the properties of the 2nd one...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 10
(2,792 Views)

Hello thanks for your help! 

Okay i will try to do it.. But im still not clear how to do the whole thing.. 

Is it correct if I do this :

1. First, I will click on the first graph -->Property "Cursor"-->Cursor Position --> Cursor X. 

2. Then again by clicking on the graph, i select Active Cursor.. (This have to be done at both graphs) ..

Do I have to repeat the Step 1 on my second graph? 

You said I have to write the property of the first graph on the second one.. "Writing the property", does this mean connect the element on my block diagram of my first graph to the one of my second graph? :-s

Another question.. When i create the "Property Cursor"-Cursor Position-Cursor X from my front panel, an element (or should i say a symbol? ) will appear on my block diagram , right? 

Same thing when i activate the "Active Cursor" from my front panel, another "element" will appear on my block diagram...

So when i do these on my second graph too, does this mean there will be 4 elements (or symbols) appearing on my block diagram?

How do i connect all these four,? because from the example i attached, theres only 2 elements(or symbols) appeared? :-s

Hope u understand what im trying to say .. Im still a newbie, i dont know which term to use etc.. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,782 Views)

Hi apapa,

just look at the picture attached to your first post. It's all in there!

It shows:

- how to read properties (from graph "Spannungsverlauf U")

- how to write properties (to graph "Stromverlauf I")

- how to select active cursor

- how to connect both property node blocks

- how to read/write more than one property in one node, even how to mix read/write operations in one property node

This picture answers all your questions...

"i dont know which term to use"

Just open the context help (ctrl-h), it will show you the correct English names too...

"from the example i attached, theres only 2 elements(or symbols) appeared?"

You can resize property nodes the same way as other functions like IndexArray. That is pretty basic, so I would advise some training to learn more about using LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,770 Views)