From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone provide me the source code of a wrapper dll?

I want to pass a structure to a defined dll-function. This structure contains various sorts of data-types. I know I have to write a wrapper dll for that (what I did), but it doesn't seem to work. When creating my application, I get an "Unhandled exception" in my LabVIEW-file. It gives an error, which says: "The referenced memory at the instruction could not be written".

Can someone please provide me with an example of the source code for this wrapper dll I'm trying to create?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,408 Views)
You should be able to pass the structure directly to the DLL without a wrapper. Structures (struct) in those nasty text-based languages behave like clusters in LabVIEW. Make a cluster that matches the structure. Be sure to respect word boundaries. If the structure has a 16-bit element in it and there is a 32-bit element right after it, insert a 16-bit (U16) PAD in your cluster. Flatten the cluster to string to pass it to the DLL. Make sure to byte-swap and word-swap first because LabVIEW uses big endian while Windows uses little endian.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,407 Views)