LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please tell me how to duplicate this simple vi? What am I doing wrong? I attached VIs and posted pictures

Solved!
Go to solution

Note: GraciaCC1.vi (the first two below) is the one I am trying to copy. The last two are mine. Also, I tried to use listbox, but it seems like the person I am trying to copy from did not use listbox. So how is he able to generate a table on the front panel if a listbox is not used? How is he able to connect to the "Index Array Function"? I tried I couldn't as you can see on my VI block diagram (broken connections).

Please I need your help.

Note:E:\ is where the drive named "Column Config.txt" is saved. Column Config contains a list of names that you see on the front panel.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Good VI block diagram.PNGGood VI front panel.PNGMy VI block diagram.PNGMy VI front panel.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,492 Views)

Right click on the Read from Text File.  There are some options in there.   Check the "Read LInes" option.

The difference between yours and the picture is that on the icon, one has lines, the other doesn't.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRC5000

Thank you very much, that broken wires problem is solved. But how come the person that I am trying to copy from did not use listbox. Another thing is if you click on the column configurations box in the event structure, you see that it is linked to the table on the front panel. How did he do that? I tried to do the same thing, but I couldn't figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,422 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRC5000

@GRC5000 wrote:

Thank you very much, that broken wires problem is solved. But how come the person that I am trying to copy from did not use listbox. Another thing is if you click on the column configurations box in the event structure, you see that it is linked to the table on the front panel. How did he do that? I tried to do the same thing, but I couldn't figure it out.

Let me rephrase your question, then I'll give the answer to what I think your question is:

Question: "I have created a Listbox and have some values in the Listbox. Now I want to use the Value Change event in an Event Structure with the new value (the item I click on) to index the names and get the selected value"?

Answer:

• You can drag the "Column Configurations" control (currently a little below your EvStr) into the Event Structure and use that to get the value
  • You can use the "New Value" value from the box at the left side of the EvStr.

GCentral
Message 4 of 7
(2,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRC5000

@GRC5000 wrote:

What are you talking about?  They did use the listbox, it is your broken VI that created another control called "Index".  And what do you mean by "linked to the table"?  There is no table.  If you are talking about the listbox itself, then that is just the listbox and his event structure doing exactly what they were designed to do and the person intended in the VI.

If you are puzzled by listboxes, then I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Message 5 of 7
(2,369 Views)

Thank you for helping me solve my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,338 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,336 Views)