From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please provide me with a simple VI to connect a thermocouple via FieldPoint so that a temperature is indicated whenever the VI is run?

I'm new to LabView so it will be a great help if I can get a push start on the project. I would like to measure the temperature through a FieldPoint connection. I know how to add the FieldPoint to the project, but I don't know how to proceed so that the VI indicates the temperature whenever the VI is run. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

I'm not familiar with the FieldPoint hardware but there should be examples for it.  Look in Help >  Find Examples ... 

If FieldPoint uses DAQmx or something similar you should find examples like Temperature Monitoring.lvproj or Thermocouple - Continuous.vi.  They should get you going.

If not, try the FieldPoint forum:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/FieldPoint-Family/bd-p/110

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,194 Views)

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm using FP-TC-120 at the moment. 

I'll look in the examples 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,191 Views)