LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please open this VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm not posting in right section.

I've done some simple program at laboratory at my university and now I need to write a paper about my work; for that i need some screenshots of my VI.

Now my problem is that i can open this VI with 7.1 version at my home computer because it was saved on 8.2.

So my question is can someone open this VI and just post a screenshots of the block diagram and of front panel.

My deadline is on Monday so it would be perfect if someone could do this tonight.

Again I'm sorry if the thread is misplaced.

Thank You in advance.

P.S: To open VI you might need this driver so I'll attach that too.

Just copy the driver in ~\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib (you probably know this but just to be on the safe side).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,015 Views)

Sorry I can not convert your Vi since I am sitting on a 8.6 version. But I can see your first draft had a lot no-no programming style. I have made screen shoot showing how to remove some of them. But correct them and do not think much about it. We have all been new to Labview sometime. The most important thing is that you learn something.

Ps On Google book you will find some good Labview books. Take a look if you need some input

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 2 of 7
(3,003 Views)

Coq rouge, thank you.

As you noticed I'm complete beginner at LabView but and that was my first draft (hope to get better in time).

But I don't need to convert my VI as I'll get the newer version to install next week.

For tonight I just need screenshots of front view and block diagram so I can copy/paste them in my homework paper for Monday.

So I must ask you can just post me a screenshot of front cover as you already posted screenshot of block diagram?

Also If you copy the drivers attached in previous post I'll think that them LabView will read blocks properly (without question marks).

Thank you in advance again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Review

Here are the two screenshots:

Download All
Message 4 of 7
(2,972 Views)

Now for some additional code comments.

• It is somewhat unatural to have a toggle switch with latch action. Use a button.
  • Your loop needs a small wait, else it consumes 100% of the CPU while doing nothing useful.
  • You don't need the two numeric indicators. Simply right-click the two dial controls and select "visible items...digital display".
  • As Coq already said, You want to confgure the instrument before the loop (exactly once!), and close it after the loop when you no longer need it. It is useless to configure the instrument from scratch every time you change a setting.
  • You might want to use an event structure instead of a case structure. This way the loop only spins when the button is pressed.
Message 5 of 7
(2,970 Views)
Here you go.
Message 6 of 7
(2,968 Views)

Thank you very much for your help and sugestions.

Some of them really open my eyes in a way of thinking when programing in LabView.

I got my screenshots so that ends my session here for tonight.

All in all I'm very glad that this is one helpfull community so I'll be sure to come by again and again as I continue my studies in LabView.

Note to admin: This thread can be closed now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,962 Views)