LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with my subvi (auto searching two end time.vi)

Yo!

At the first execution of my program, graphs and results are perfectly shown but during the second execution, somehow the value that is within the while loop of my subvi just could not get out of the while loop and it continues running in the while loop which results my graphs not to be plotted when there is a new set of data coming in. Can someone help me to source for the solution?! I need it as soon as possible..

Regards,

Kok Wan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(2,832 Views)

Hi,

According to your logic, while loop will continue till you get empty string. So you need to check array value second time when you run your vi.

Also you can use for loop instead of while loop.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(2,824 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(2,820 Views)

Hey,

How do i check my second array value to see if its correct? I have no idea what is input string does not contain data in expected format. Can you give me an example of it? THANKS for the reply.

Regards,

Kok Wan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(2,816 Views)

Hi Kok,

you really should stay in your original thread, no need to upload that big archive twice...

Then your subVI should be replaced by this:

check.png

No need to use IndexArray (and the very similar function IndexStringArray). FOR loop has the advantage of automatically stopping at "end of array"...

Your error description seems to come from a ScanFromString function. Are you sure it's generated in this very subVI? Are you really sure about this?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(2,811 Views)

Hi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(2,807 Views)

Hi! Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(2,804 Views)

Hey GerdW,

Have you seen my reply? I accidentally posted it earlier on.

Cheers,

Kok Wan.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(2,797 Views)

Hi Kok,

yes, I had seen that "Hi" Smiley Wink

Have you read the context help for the FOR loop? Then you would have noticed this...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(2,781 Views)

Hi,

I had figured it out but i still get the same error which is error 85 " Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format". I really do not know what is this error about. OMG!

Regards,

Kok Wan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(2,779 Views)