From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me to resample a digital WDT .hws file to make it smaller?

I have a digital WDT .hws file that I need to resample.  I have the NI Digital Waveform Editor and it has a tool to resample but only expands the signal by factors greater than 1.  I need to reduce the number of samples with out truncating the data.  By changing the sample rate, I can adjust the time but I still have the same number of samples.  I have found VIs to do this with an analog signal but not digital.  I think I can accomplish this by changing the file to an array and decimating but I would rather not.  Can someone think of an easier solution?  I'm trying to take 62,590 samples and squeeze them to 20,863. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,941 Views)

Have you tried the Subset and Resample VI located in the Functions Pallette at Signal Processing >> Processing >> Analog Signals? I see it's under the analog pallette, but perhaps it can manipulate your signal? You mentioned you found some VIs for analog signals, so you might be referring to this one.

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,920 Views)