From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me set Labview to recognize my AT-MIO-16E-10 board?

I'm running Labview 5.1 on WinNT.  I recently had to re-image my PC and have now lost connection to the AT-MIO-16E-10 board.  Can anyone show me how to set this up?  I cannot remember if an installation CD came with the board.  If so where can I get another one?
Thanks for any help out there.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,891 Views)

Have you installed NI DAQ Device drivers??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,867 Views)

Yes, I installed the NI-DAQ devise drivers.  During the setup I was prompt for adding optional signal conditioning modules which appears to be SCXI.  Am I supposed to select something from here?  (I skipped that step).  Is the AT-MIO-16E a SCXI device?

At the completion of the NI-DAQ setup I checked to the Measurement & Automation system in the Devices and Interfaces, but there was nothing there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,858 Views)

What version of DAQ did you install? That is an older card that is supported by an older version of DAQ.

Also, I think you are supposed to install NI-DAQ software before you install the hardware. You may want to try powering down, removing card, powering up then down again, and reinstalling the card. May be worth a shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,850 Views)
I'm using NI-DAQ version 6.5.1 which came from my Labview CD.  I uninstalled NI-DAQ, removed the board then re-installed NI-DAQ, shut-down then insert board then bootup.  At this point, shouldn't Win NT plug n play display a message saying that it detect the AT-MIO board?  I didn't see any such msg.

I checked Measurement and Automation and it still doesn't show that it detected the AT- MIO board.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,846 Views)
NT isn't plug & play unless you install it and even then it might not always work. See the post at http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=415&query.id=0#M415 and if that doesn't work, try manually adding the device in MAX. Right click on Devices and Interfaces and select Create New. That's the procedure for versions of MAX from this century at least. I don't remember if it was exactly the same as your version but there should be something similar. I think the problem you are seeing is more a windows thing than anything else.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-17-2006 10:52 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,842 Views)
1.) Is it even being picked up by the OS (i.e., does it shown up under Start » Settings » Control Panel » Devices?)
2.) I thought that was a legacy board, which means it should only use Ni-DAQs up to 6.1:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1B9B1721F634F4FB862568E4006A73B7

you can also try the NI DAQ installation troubleshooter:
http://www.ni.com/support/daq/comprob/nt/isapnp.htm

Message Edited by Jonnie 5 on 03-17-2006 01:13 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,832 Views)
It doesn't seem as if NT is seeing the AT-MIO board.  I would assume this is the problem.  As a last resort I will try to re-install the ISA Plug and Play as instructed by one of the "troubleshoot" link I have been referred to.   I am still confused as to why I should be doing this if the AT-MIO board is not plug and play.  
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,816 Views)
Again, it's windows NT that is not plug & play. You probably wouldn't have any problems on either win98, 2000, or XP.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,810 Views)
I finally was able  to get NT to see my AT-MIO-16E-10 board.  I dscovered that the file "pnpisa.inf" was missing from its folders.  I retrieved them from a my original NT CD and copied it the \system32\driver folder than ran a reinstall.  The board now appears to be configured because it passes the "Test Resources" and "Test Panel" in MAX.  However, when I ran one of my vi's I get an error message from NI-DAQ saying that the device is either not a NI Instrument product or the device is not configured properly. 

Anyone have any idea what'as going on?

Thanks again to everyone who provided me with valuable tips.
Zortact.   
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,788 Views)