LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody suggest a way or check my code

This is the project I have to submit tomorrow. I am trying to use this scope to acquire data from Scanning Tunneling Microscope. We are using NI PXI-6120 simultaneous-sampling, multifunction data acquisition device. It is in PXI-1042 chasis. Unfortunately, STM machine stopped working and it will take atleast 20 days to get it fix. I cannot check whether this scope works or not. Is there any way I can check . I mean like can I send signal from anywhere into the physical channel. Or can I connect virtual function generator signal to the physical channel or any other way. 

Can anyone please check my code or me. I will really appreciate it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)

Disclaimer -- I haven't looked at your code, I've only listened to your request.  It is, indeed, a bummer when (a) the Assignment is Due Tomorrow, and (b) the Hardware is Broken and won't be fixed for weeks.

Your code presumably has two parts -- Acquire Data from Instrument and Do Something Intelligent with said Data.  You can't do the first part because the Hardware is kaput, but you can do the second -- all you need to do is to write a routine to simulate the data you expect from your faulty hardware.  This isn't as difficult as it sounds -- figure out how many channels of data you acquire, and at what rate, and write a pair of nested While/For loops to generate "known" (but "reasonable") data that you can "wire in" to the Processing VIs.  Of course, if your code is not modular, if everything is inside one humongous loop, your unlikely to succeed in doing this ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,176 Views)