From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not view "Properties"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I am not a LabView King (yet) .... but I have some skills in programming in other areas.  I have been playing with a few programs on multiple PCs and came to one particular PC where I am unable to view "properties" on anything within the program.  I can edit the program all I want ... but when it comes to a "right-click" and a "view properties" ... i get an hour glass (for a second) ... and then nothing.  Hmmmm.  Any ideas out there.  The problem occurs on ALL programs on this one PC ... so I was thinking there might be some .dll file or something missing from the LabView installation ... but I really don't want to go through a re-install until I know for sure.  Is there some option I am missing that would cause such a headache to an eager learner as me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,926 Views)

Has anyone seen this problem before?  Suggestions?  Ideas?  Maybe my original message didn't explain the problem clear enough?  Help(?)  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,915 Views)
Sounds like a corrupt installation. There's no "setting" in LabVIEW that would control this that I am aware of. I had a corrupt installation of LV8.6 that screwed up my palettes. Uninstall-reinstall fixed it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,908 Views)
Are you referring to right-click on controls (or indicators) and selecting "properties"?  and then nothing happens?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,897 Views)
Yes ... right-clicking on controls (or indicators) and selecting "properties" ... I do not get the "properties" box that I am familar with.  I get nothing ...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,890 Views)

Is it possible that you moved the dialog box off to the edge of the screen and then changed monitor settings such that it now is hidden off the screen?

Check around the edges of the screen to see if a 1-2 pixel edge of the properties box is lurking somewhere. 

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,887 Views)
Well I just went and looked for a moved properties box ... but it's not there.  There is however, after the cursor turns into a quick hour-glass symbol ... it becomes a "No" Sign (circle with a backslash) until moved.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,882 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

(did I miss it?)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,873 Views)
7.1 (don't hate)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,871 Views)

no hating, LV7.1 remains one of my favorite versions.

I occasionally still use it.

Can you post your vi and we can have a look at the properties of objects?  Let us know which object you look at that cause problems.

R

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,864 Views)