From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not set ROI in MAX for a uEye camera

Hello

my uEye camera is shown in MAX and it is working. Now I would like to set a specific ROI in order to have a higher camera frame-rate (fps). Under the tab "Acquistion Attributes" I can set the

ROI but unfortunately it is greyed out!

The video mode shows some default settings for different resolutions but I need to set the resolution independent. How can I do that?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,883 Views)

Are you able to change the width and height?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,866 Views)

No - not possible...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,863 Views)

Hi Norick,

as I can see when looking at your screenshot Top and Left are greyed out and Height and Width not.

What happens when you try to change the Height and Width?

Can you modify the timeout?

Regards,

Andi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,838 Views)

Hello Andi

although the width and height are not greyed out I can NOT change it at all. The timeout I can change without problem as well as set one of the

video modes.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,826 Views)

Hi Norick,

which camera from uEye do you use?

How is it connected to your PC?

Which version of Vision Acquisition Software do you have installed?

Do you have another camera which you can connect to your PC? Can you set the ROI there?

Do you have software from uEye installed which you can use with your camera? Can you modify the ROI there?

Regards,

Andi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,816 Views)
Adding to Andi's questions
-Can you list other possible video modes available? Try changing to different modes and see whether you can change ROI?
-Can you try overwriting the parameters manually in the camera file found in Documents>>National Instruments>>NI IMAQdx>>Data?
-Can you write labview program and change the parameters programmatically?
-Also check with camera vendor it allows ROI changes or not?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,782 Views)

Hello

which camera from uEye do you use?

IDS uEye USB3; UI336xCP

How is it connected to your PC?

USB3

Which version of Vision Acquisition Software do you have installed?

Feb. 2015

Do you have another camera which you can connect to your PC? Can you set the ROI there?

Same issue with other uEye Cameras

Do you have software from uEye installed which you can use with your camera? Can you modify the ROI there?

Yes, with the uEye driver I can set the ROI. Also with the IDS Labview driver I can set the ROI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,764 Views)

and...

-Can you list other possible video modes available? Try changing to different modes and see whether you can change ROI?

There are about 20 different video modes available for select. It does not mather which video mode is active, it is not possible to set the ROI inside MAX.

-Can you try overwriting the parameters manually in the camera file found in Documents>>National Instruments>>NI IMAQdx>>Data?

Yes I can but it has no effect.

-Can you write labview program and change the parameters programmatically?

Yes possible with the IDS Labview driver.

-Also check with camera vendor it allows ROI changes or not?

With the IDS driver no problem.

With the IDS driver I could solve my problem but I am still wondering why I can NOT set the ROI directly in MAX. This would be much better and faster.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,761 Views)

"With the IDS driver I could solve my problem but I am still wondering why I can NOT set the ROI directly in MAX. This would be much better and faster."

Were you able to figure out how to set the ROI directly in MAX?

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,095 Views)