LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find LabView tutorial item

Hello All,

I am working my way through a LabView arrays tutorial and have become stuck. Does anyone know where I can find the rightmost item shown in the following image and named 'Array' ? 

Array.PNG

Signed Confused Noob ..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,541 Views)

Hi! And welcome to the forums and LabVIEW.

I will try to show you with some screen shots:

Step 1.png

Then you can right-clik on the "N" and select "Create Constant".

To get the DBL, you can do this:

Step 2.png

Now left-clik on the "i" and create a wire from the "i" to the DBL. Then left-clik on the DBL and click on the frame of the for loop. You should then get the small square on the frame.

Now right-clik that square and select "Create Indicator". The DBL Array should show up. If you switch to your front panel you should se the indicator there.step 3.png

I wish you good luck with the toturials and don't hasitate to post more questions if you get stuckSmiley Happy

A tip is to press CTRL and H on your keyboard. The context help should pop up. By holding your mouse over elements on either the block diagram or the front panel you will se usuful information about the element. You can also right-click on elements and select Help to get a more detailed explenation.

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,536 Views)

Ahh. Sorry for the huge post. I read your post again (it's too early in the morning for me hehe) and saw that you only needed the Array indicator. Well, by right-clicking the orange square on the for loop you can, as I mentioned, select indicator.

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,533 Views)

@Even Deejay wrote:

Well, by right-clicking the orange square on the for loop you can, as I mentioned, select indicator.

Alternatively, on the 'array' palette select 'array constant'. This will put an ugly grey square on the block diagram. Then use the numeric palette to put a numeric constant onto the block diagram. By default the numeric will be a blue I32 (integer) type. If you right click on it, select representation, DBL, it will change to an orange Double data type.

Drag the orange numeric constant into yout grey array constant and you will have created an array constant of the same type shown in your picture. You can change this into an indicator by right clicking on it and selecting 'change to indicator' this gives you what you were looking for.

You can do a similar thing on the front panel - if you're not familiar with it, give it a go as a very simple excercise.

Even Deejay's method of just 'create indicator' is far quicker Smiley Wink , but now you also know how to do it from scratch.

Ian

Message 4 of 5
(2,528 Views)

Labview is a new world for me, so easy for me to get lost.. Thank you both

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,512 Views)