LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not build cRIO host VI - niFpgaDmaChannelImplementation.ctl error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build my host VI on a crio9074.  About half way through the build it hangs up while "Saving niFpgaDmaChannelImplementation.ctl".  It then hangs there for about 10 minutes and then I finally get a error that the build failed with this message:  

niFpgaDmaChannelImplementation.ctl 

Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_RTEXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_RTEXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCallerMethod Name: Save:Target Instrument 

Happens consistently every time, so I am stuck.  I searched and the control mentioned is in one of the LV support directories.  The VI I am trying to build does use FIFO reads to communicate with the FPGA.   

Message Edited by bradh on 04-09-2010 07:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bradh
Is there a numeric error code associated with this error?  I think what you are seeing is that when you are building the rtexe, files are being pulled in to the executable and causing the file paths to be too long.  Windows can only support file names of 255 characters or less.  What happens if you move the location of the rtexe up on your machine's directory hierarchy?  For instance, if you specify the location of the build to go to C:\ or C:\builds, something with a short path, does the build succeed?
Donovan
Message 2 of 2
(2,272 Views)