From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multiple versions of the Labview RT Engine co-exist transparently ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a PC which runs Teststand which only calls Labwindows\CVI functions, but no Labview calls.

The PC has various versions of the Labview RT Engine loaded. I intend to load another, more recent version of the RT Engine so that I can run a Labview .exe .

My questions are, is the process of finding the correct version of Labview RT Engine when the .exe is run transparent to the end user ?

Having run and closed one version of the Labview RT Engine could this then affect the version of Labview adapter used by Teststand later ? 

Also can a Labview .exe be run from a USB memory stick as a command line parameter to the Labview RT Engine also loaded on the stick ?

Regards,

Gary. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary_H.

Yes, you can have multiple versions of the LabVIEW run-time engine.

You can certainly put a LabVIEW-built .exe  on a USB drive.  I don't think you can install the RT engine on that drive.  You need to install the RT engine on your actual PC.  There are a lot of dependencies involved that need to be installed.

Message 2 of 2
(1,845 Views)