LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can labview make motor efficiency contour map?

微信图片_20180723101916.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,127 Views)

You can use an intensity graph. If the points don't form a regular grid, you can create one using this function, for example. Do you have some typical data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,119 Views)

thank you for your reply,

Attached vi puts some dada,I'm glad you can use it as an example if you can.The main idea is to be as beautiful as the picture below.I recently studied whether the move to originlab

in in the labview could be done

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,065 Views)

I'd use the intensity graph's picture overlay. Use the graph for the scaling, the picture control that's imbedded in the graph for the fancy graphics. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,042 Views)

Can anyone post the vi for plotting Motor efficiency map in intensity graph?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,435 Views)

You need some interpolation magic to convert the X, Y, Z data to a 2D grid. This could be done in numerous ways. Here I've used a Interpolate 2D Scattered. The biharmonic spline is the only method that will work, as not all border values are defined (required for linear and cubic interpolation).

So, not sure if it's correct, or market standard, but it gets you a nice picture.

Based on the data posted by OP.

Capture.PNG

Snippet.png

Message 6 of 10
(2,419 Views)

I need to plot motor efficiency map similar to the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,386 Views)

Hi Saran,

@saransharavan wrote:

Then use the suggestions you already got in this thread: use an intensity graph!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,379 Views)

No one is going to do it for you. Take a stab at it using what you've seen here and, if you have issues, come back to us.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,375 Views)

@saransharavan wrote:

The example puts the colors in the graph. If you want those exact colors, adjust the Z-Scale.

The lines can be put on top of that, using the graph's build in picture control (images>front image, IIRC).

Getting those lines is very tricky. You can go over the 2D grid of interpolated values, and between each point, check if you crossed a isotopic border. That will give you points of the lines to draw. However, doing this correctly over two dimensions is tricky, and you also run into isotopic lines that can split.

I've done this 15 years ago, but I doubt I can find it. I do remember the trouble it took...  Easily a few hours of work.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,333 Views)