LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can labview globals or controls be modified directly from a dll

Is it possible to obtain a pointer or handle to LabVIEW global variables - specifically clusters of scalars, not including strings or arrays, which presumably would occupy a fixed memory area.

If this is not possible, can the value of data held in LabVIEW controls be modified from a dll by passing control references to the dll and if so how can this be done?

Using LabVIEW 6i, Windows NT SP6, MS-VisualC++ 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,340 Views)
I created a dll with LabVIEW 6.0 which had as its only input parameter a control refnum for a string control. I used this refnum to modify the value of the string control. I built the dll and then from a new VI called the dll using a call library function, passed it a refnum to a string control in the calling VI and ran it. The value of the string control in the main VI was change by the dll by only passing it a refnum.
To do this you must have LabVIEW 6.0 Pro or App builder. (I did all this with LabVIEW 6.0.2 update installed)
Download All
Message 2 of 3
(2,340 Views)
The dll file I attached to the post does not have an extension please rename and add .dll to the filename for this to work. You also may have to reconfigure the call library function to point to the dll, it may point to the wrong path.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,340 Views)