LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use multiple cdaq 9205's on the same pc?

I am using a 9205 to monitor a piece of manufacturing equipment. The labview application is currently running on my workstation which is not ideal. I want to do two things:

1. Set up a rack mounted pc dedicated to running the labview application. 
  2. Expand this program to multiple manufacturing work centers.

I First tried running a virtual pc on a server. This doesn't work. The labview app needs access to the bus.

My current thought is to purchase a rack mounted pc and install the labview app on it. I would set the pc to auto start on power up,  app to autostart and auto run on boot. 

Can I run more than one app each collecting data from its own 9205 chassis?

Can a single pc collect data from more than one cdaq chassis simultaneously? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(528 Views)

Can I run more than one app each collecting data from its own 9205 chassis?

• Yes, you can, as long as those instances of the Applications do not clash for the same resource, whether it be communicating with the same DAQ or reading/writing from same file.

Can a single pc collect data from more than one cdaq chassis simultaneously? 

• Yes, each instance of the application has to know which DAQ it has to control/acquire data from - always each instrument will have a unique identifier (alias)
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(524 Views)