LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i measure resistance with a PCI-MIO-16X-10

good day!

In my work we measure inflator resistance with an external ohmeter and switch selector, for now we're working in update this method of measure resistance. The program used to activate the inflators was built in labview 7.0 and use a GPIB and PCI-MIO-16X-10 boards only.

The question is if we can measure resistance with this board (PCI-MIO-16X-10), we can do it?

thanks for all...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,982 Views)

Cordero,

Not directly but with some auxiliary circuit elements you can.  To measure a resistance you need to know both the voltage and current associated with the resistor.

One way you can do this with a DAQ device is to create a voltage divider using a known external resistor. By measuring the voltage drops across both the known and unknown resistances, you can calculate the value of the unknown resistance.  You can use the analog output or the board power supply as excitation voltage for the voltage divider. Use two analog input channels to measure the voltages across the resistors. As long as the values of the resistors are much lower than the input resistance of the analog input channels, you can get good results.  The accuracy is limited by how well you know the value of the "known" resistor, the resistance of the inputs, and the accuracy of the A/D converter.  The accuracy of the known resistor is probably the largest contributor to the overall error.

Lynn

Message 2 of 3
(1,980 Views)

I will do it, i hope to have good results. thanks and i keep in touch.

greetings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,964 Views)