From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me? Trigger camera acquisition​n with RTSI connection

Hi all,

I've posted this in two other forums now and have gotten no responses so here's my last try.

I am having sync issues with my code.  I wish to generate a certain number of samples - these correspond to raster scanning mirror positions.  However, I also have a optical switch (PCI-6731) and camera (PCIe-1427) in the code.  For each mirror position, I want to switch my optical switch and capture a camera frame.  Seems simple enough but in practice it's proving frustrating!!

In an effort to sync everything, I outputted the CO.Pulse.Term to

(1) RTSI0 channel (camera) and to

(2) Ctr0Out which my switch is connected to. 

I have used the IMAQ Generate Pulse.vi to trigger the camera.  I know that my board does not have an RTSI frame trigger so in MAX I set Trigger Mode to 1 (Internal), Trigger Source to CC1, I have unticked the CC Lines source box and CC1 is set to External trigger 0.  I connected my two boards with an RTSI cable. 

Originally, I was grabbing triggered images and putting them in a folder but they were completely out of sync with the switch and took a long time to capture.  I decided to grab the frames and save them to .avi instead and then split the frames afterwards.  But I am still having sync issues.  I tried to put in the IMAQ ConfigureTrigger3.vi to configure the action to trigger each buffer but I kept getting timeout errors so I removed it.  The .avi capture is within a while loop, set to stop when is equal to the number of original samples (i.e. positions) I set.

Why is there a sync issue with the switch and camera acquisition if both are determined by the same sample clock rate?  Does anyone have any insights?? Apologies for all the cross posting but I am desperate to get this up and running. Smiley Sad  Please see the attached code.

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,137 Views)