LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can add-one be bought only for a year

Hi! I have a simple and a quick question. I want to purchase LabVIEW Base for 1 year, but I also need to add Application Builder. Can this Application Builder be added for one year as well (if yes, how much would it cost)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,188 Views)

Hi KKmm,

why don't you call your local NI sales office to discuss any license issues?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,181 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion, but I would be glad just for a simple answer if this option is even possible and, if yes, then I will give a call. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,168 Views)

I imagine the license for the Application Builder would match that of the LabVIEW platform.  Again, call your sales rep to get full details.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,157 Views)

Alright, thank you! I have found my answer. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,141 Views)

Honestly don't they "give" you the application builder when you purchase LabVIEW anyway?

I know it shows up as an add-on but I do not recall my company ever having to purchase it separately.

Even the $50 "Home and Student Edition" comes with the Application Builder.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,123 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

Honestly don't they "give" you the application builder when you purchase LabVIEW anyway?

I know it shows up as an add-on but I do not recall my company ever having to purchase it separately.

LabVIEW "base" is a very stripped-down version, and hardly includes anything.  But it can be used commercially.  I suspect Home and Student (and the soon-to-be Community) editions contain the app builder because it's for personal non-commercial (and non-academic for Community edition) use only.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,115 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

I was installing a routine I wrote for a colleague who had a Full license.  I installed LabVIEW 2018 on PC he was using, copied my LabVIEW code, then said "But where's the Application Builder?"  So he gave me the second License Code ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,112 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

I was installing a routine I wrote for a colleague who had a Full license.  I installed LabVIEW 2018 on PC he was using, copied my LabVIEW code, then said "But where's the Application Builder?"  So he gave me the second License Code ...

Bob Schor

Just to add some context: LabVIEW Editions

LabVIEW Base and LabVIEW Full do NOT include the application builder.  LabVIEW Professional does include it.  The upcoming LabVIEW Community is the Professional version except with a non-commercial license.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 9
(2,106 Views)