From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Vision image display's "zoom to fit" action be seen by an event structure?

The "Image Display" indicator from the "Vision" palette has a right-click (context) menu option of "Zoom to Fit".

Is there any way to capture the selection/execution of this action with an event structure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,225 Views)

I don't believe there is a way to do this with an event structure.  However, there is an image window property node for the zoom to fit option.  You can wire the output boolean into the input of a case structure and execute a different set of code depending on whether or not the zoom to fit option is selected.  This should give you the same functionality as an event structure.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,208 Views)

After much experimenting I came to the same regrettable conclusion.

Yes I know about the zoom-to-fit property but since I wanted something that would fire an event so that I could then go take a look at the zoom % and do this without polling any properties, this won't quite do it for me. Perhaps in a later version of LabVIEW it will be supported.

Thanks for the confirmation!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,206 Views)