From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SSD on CompactRIO 9082 and CompactDAQ 9139 be replaced?

cRIO 9082 and cDAQ 9139 both are powered by Intel i7 and can run windows Embedded, Let's assume these two systems are out of warranty and their SSD fail - could thier SSD be replaced by another model (something that is different from what NI uses)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,471 Views)

Hi muahang-

Those systems use a CFast card as the internal storage, and it is field-replaceable.  So, it should work in theory, but unless you replace it with one of the same models that NI uses, there is no guarantee that things like the WES7 recovery media will work correctly.  My opinion is that it *should* work, but if you have issues you may end up needing to contact NI for support.  Your best bet would be to replace that storage (if needed) with the same part or a drop-in compatible replacement.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,466 Views)

Just curious - would you run into warranty issues if you replaced the drive?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,459 Views)