LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Microsoft Powerpoint open a VI ?!

Hello NI community , this is my first porst , than I spect to be clear on my question.

My problem is , there is some way to open an specific VI , RUN IT and after it's executin , CLOSE IT on a specific slide from a powerpoint file ?

I have a powerpoint presentation of DAQ automation , and when the presentation reach the specific slide (slide number 5 for example) I want to open the specific VI , execute it's functions and after that close it.

Is there any way to do something like that ?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,585 Views)

Okay the direct answer to your question is no.  But then a "maybe".

LabVIEW is the only thing that can open a VI.  The Run-Time engine is the only thing that can run a VI (let's assume the Run-Time Engine is part of the development environment)  So no, Powerpoint can't open a VI.

But, if you have LabVIEW installed on the machine, you can call into it with a command line call to open a VI.  If the VI is set to run when open, you can have it look like PowerPoint is running a VI.  Something I am unsure of, is if PowerPoint can run a command line program. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Hooovahh wrote: Something I am unsure of, is if PowerPoint can run a command line program. 

I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure you can have a hyperlink to a file and then Windows will try to open the file in whatever the default program for that file type is.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,559 Views)

Piling on here - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/start-a-program-during-your-presentation-HA0101997...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,556 Views)

I wrote a slideshow program using LabVIEW. SInce LV is already "running the show," so to speak, demonstrating a VI is trivial. The code is not in a condition to share.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,502 Views)