From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabView replace a waveform generator in an equivalent time sampling application?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all!

I am trying to get together a list of equipment that I need for implementing an equivalent time sampling application. A similar project used an Agilent 33220A to generate a waveform, but I was wondering if LabView could be used in lieu of that equipment?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,352 Views)

Maybe. You could use the sound card to output a signal in the audio bandwidth, but you will be limited by the max amplitude you can provide with respect to a function generator, in addition to any voltage offsets you may want to add to the signal. You could use a DAQ device to output your waveform but you need to look at the specs to see if it matches your needed frequency and output levels.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,344 Views)

Thank you for the quick response! I was looking into using a DAQpad 6016 or maybe a FPGA. I am still in the beginning stage of my project, so I am just trying to get some ideas. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,340 Views)

There are numerous applications where the FPGA cards are used to create multiple waveforms and frequencies.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,324 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Starra

Unless there is a misprint or I am looking at the wrong information a DAQpad can only output 300Sa/s, which is pretty low. A fpga can work, but it more expensive and difficult to program. I would recommend looking at low cost DAQ devices.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,317 Views)

Thank you so much for your help! I will look into other daq possibilities!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,313 Views)