LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabView replace a waveform generator in an equivalent time sampling application?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all!

I am trying to get together a list of equipment that I need for implementing an equivalent time sampling application. A similar project used an Agilent 33220A to generate a waveform, but I was wondering if LabView could be used in lieu of that equipment?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,332 Views)

Maybe. You could use the sound card to output a signal in the audio bandwidth, but you will be limited by the max amplitude you can provide with respect to a function generator, in addition to any voltage offsets you may want to add to the signal. You could use a DAQ device to output your waveform but you need to look at the specs to see if it matches your needed frequency and output levels.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,324 Views)

Thank you for the quick response! I was looking into using a DAQpad 6016 or maybe a FPGA. I am still in the beginning stage of my project, so I am just trying to get some ideas. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,320 Views)

There are numerous applications where the FPGA cards are used to create multiple waveforms and frequencies.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Starra

Unless there is a misprint or I am looking at the wrong information a DAQpad can only output 300Sa/s, which is pretty low. A fpga can work, but it more expensive and difficult to program. I would recommend looking at low cost DAQ devices.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,297 Views)

Thank you so much for your help! I will look into other daq possibilities!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,293 Views)