From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use v.6i for web based measurements like v.6.1 or do I have to upgrade?

I participated in a web event concerning this topic but have not been able to request control of the VI that I have placed on the web. Is it because I am running version 6i and not 6.1?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,224 Views)
There are some new things in v6.1 regarding control of VIs over the Web that may be of use to you. In 6i (and some previous versions) you could easily display your VI front panels through a Web browser to allow others to monitor the running of your application. Using the Internet toolkit, you could also manually build CGI to accept input from users through a URL and process that input programmatically.

In 6.1, you can now allow remote users to actually control your VIs through a Web browser. Without any additional programming, you can allow control the application through a browser. Out of the box, you can do it for free for 1 remote user, and you can buy upgrade packs to allow multiple users to control a VI over the Web.

Here is a link to the demo on NI's
Web site for more info
http://amp.ni.com/niwc/labview/lv61_features.jsp#integrated
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,224 Views)