From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use "accesshw.zip" to make the in port and out port VIs work (for NT) for Labview 6.0.2.

I am trying to write to the parallel port using labview 6.0.2 (vi attatched). It does not seem to be working with NT though it does with Win 98.
The information about the software (accesshw.zip)mentions versions 4.x and 5.x only.

Please refer to the link given below:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/6c163603265406328625682a006ed37d/49664743ded6f1da862564bc004e3a7f?OpenDocument

thanks.
Pari.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,205 Views)
I have been using the InPort and OutPort VIs with Windows NT and LabVIEW 6.0.2 for quite a while. I have had no problems with them. The thing to watch is that the ones in accesshw.zip do not replace the ones in LabVIEW; they are stored in whatever location you installed them in. Use the "Select a VI..." function to load them.

Rob
Message 2 of 6
(3,205 Views)
Hi Rob,
I cannot completely agree..... Please find attached a
accesshw_lv6.llb. Originally it was made for LV5; now in LV6-version) This .llb contains accesshw-files for use under NT & W2k. These files work, if you store them (!! including the sub.vi's !!) into: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6\vi.lib\platform\system.llb (this should be the typical path). The "old" In Port and Out Port vi's have to be substituted. Find in addition a simple test-program for use with scope in order to test
the execution speed / toggeling of bits.....see the scope-picture copied into diagram. In addition I strictly recommend the use of buffer-circuits in order not to destroy the mainboard-IC's by accident. If somebody needs schematics or programs rela
ted to parallel port - example see jpeg-file please mail to: werner.hasche@web.de
regards
wha
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,206 Views)
If you save them as the newer version does this make any difference?

All the best

Andy

"Rob Cole" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000D0490000-1003545641000@exchange.ni.com...
> I have been using the InPort and OutPort VIs with Windows NT and
> LabVIEW 6.0.2 for quite a while. I have had no problems with them. The
> thing to watch is that the ones in accesshw.zip do not replace the
> ones in LabVIEW; they are stored in whatever location you installed
> them in. Use the "Select a VI..." function to load them.
>
> Rob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,205 Views)

Hello,

I’m writing you concerning your NI post on using “Out Port.vi” to write to the parallel port, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject and I’m hoping you can help me out. I’ve been having a heck of a time trying to write values. I downloaded your VI for Labview 6 (I have 6i) and am using Out Port.vi. The computer tells me the port address is 0378-037F yet when I put this address (378,379,etc) as input to the VI and change the value between 0 and 1 (I assume that is low/high, but I’ve tried larger numbers also) I get no change. I looked at a bunch of post and one NI told me to install the 5.5 CVI runtime engine, which I did, but still nothing. I downloaded a separate monitoring/writing program to see if my port is broken but that program toggles the values just fine. I’m really at a loss, is there something other than the simple out port.vi I need to use?

I’m running XP pro.

Thank you for your help,

James

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,802 Views)
Hi,

"The computer tells me the port address is 0378-037F ".....

Obviously, the 0378 here is in Hex, so make sure you don't wire a decimal 378 as port address.......

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,791 Views)