LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a string to activate a sequence in Labview?

http://imageshack.us/m/202/8229/labview.jpg

That is what I already have, I have a sequence where the V1 trough 4 are supposed to be valves that activate and deactivate according to the sensors...thing is, I am required to start the sequence by a  button, said button needs to recieve a 0 or 1 that comes from my K400 card.

How exactly can I do this?

Also, is there any way for that button to ask for a "password" or string in order to activate it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,127 Views)

Hi TenguSoldier,

can you please give some more information? What is your K400? How do you need it to work? Where should it be possible to insert the password?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,087 Views)

Hi TenguSoldier,

In general, the "Equal?" function can be used to directly compare two strings (this comparison is case sensitive like a typical password). A basic implementation of this would be to place the code you want to be "password protected" within a case structure and wire the output of the "Equal?" function to the case structure.

I've attached a simple example below and you may want to search for "password" in the Example Code section of the Developer Zone for many more similar examples.

I hope that helps!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,071 Views)