LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer a LabVIEW VI from version 7 to the latest version?

Solved!
Go to solution

I will be upgrading LabVIEW on my computer from version 7 to the latest version available.

I have an experiment running on LabVIEW and I do not want any problems to occur when I perform the upgrade. I just wanted to make sure if there would be any problem in upgrading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,228 Views)

Go here.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fzjm

LabVIEW 2013 will open up VIs from LabVIEW 7.  Whether or not you will have issues really depends on what functions you used.  The File IO got a pretty major overhaul around the 8.0 timeframe (much needed IMOH), so you might some tweaks from that.  The other major problem will be if you used NI-DAQ (now called Traditional DAQ) since it is no longer supported or even shipped with new versions of LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,219 Views)

LabVIEW does an excellent job maintaing forward and backward compatibility (There's a Version Conversion Board for going backwards).  You may have the option to use new features if you up-convert but your VI will run just fine.

The only thing to be concerned with is if your OS can run the new LabVIEW and if you have any DAQ hardware you may need to upgrade the DAQmx drivers.  Check here:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,213 Views)