LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set XonLimit and XoffLimit for serial port communication?

@mhd.gar  已寫:

Hi 

I have similar problem . I am using Advanced serial write and Read example and I want to change some of those initializations .I have software that it shows what the original program is sending .Due to those commands i want to change followings : 

1- XonLimit and XoffLimit   (in original program it has been set to  2048 and  512 resp. but in LabVIEW i cann't set these values .

2- I want to set DTR and  RTS off

3- set these  ReadInterval=500, ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=2000, ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=0, WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=0, WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=0

4- In/out queue size 1000/1000

Many thanks if anybody help me .

HI, ME TOO

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(563 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem and need to set the xonlimit and xofflimit. I looked through the examples but can't find anything where these parameters are set. Can you elaborate a bit or maybe give a screenshot or these properties ?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(290 Views)

Do you really need control over the XON/XOFF limits?

If you need more control over the serial port settings: Refer to

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabView-VISA-open-resets-Arduino-DTS-disabling-possible/m-p/4276498... 

This thread is about the DTR line, but the library has a VI for the XON/XOFF limits. This is much more complicated because this VI "comm control.vi" was primary made for full control over all possible flow control options. VISA has three settings for XON/XOFF (enable/disable, XON character, XOFF character), while this VI gives you control over all 7 settings for XON/XOFF mode and you have to set them all correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(268 Views)