LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I return wml files to a wap phone via build in web server from Labview 6

Hello, i use labview for may aplications and i want to know if there is a
way to send
WML contents from LAbview web server to a wap phone or emulator.

I am using LV6i

Thanks in advanced

Manuel Carvalho
IDITE Minho
Braga
Portugal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,545 Views)
Manuel,

The HTTP server that ships with LabVIEW is not designed to support the WAP protocol, so there's no way to get out-of-the-box WAP service from LabVIEW.

I'm not too informed about the details of the WAP specification, but it's something more than a simple transactional spec. It's amusing that one of the more prominent WAP sites (www.wapforum.org) has this posted as an FAQ as of today:

"What is the status of the WAP specification?

The WAP Forum released v1.2.1 in July 2000. The next release should be available in Q3, 2000."

Maybe you can write your own WAP transaction server for a sort of emulation using the TCP or the serial VIs?

Regards,
John Lum
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,545 Views)
Manuel,

I tried something of this sort over the summer with LabVIEW 5.1 My memory isn't too clear on it but I ended up using a combination of the LabVIEW web server and Apache, which you can download for free from Apache.org

For the wml files, which can be created by any application (as they're just text) I used Apache to serve the files. After installing Apache you'll need to add WML as a MIME type. I can't seem to find the original site I referenced when doing this but here's one that might help: http://webservercompare.internet.com/wirelessapache/wirelessapache_4.html

Running two web servers can also be an issue so you will probably need to change the port you are using on either the LabVIEW or Apache web server (if you need to run both).

One other thing that I cam
e across was the service from all the wireless service providers was a factor. With some providers the WML pages would work and with others they wouldn't, something to do with the way their gateways were set up at the time I think.

Cheers,
Kamran
An
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,545 Views)