LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pilot video game by labview?

Thanks Zou for your response but I wonder if it is possible to control the time the subject pass into the game. I don't want him to make the game in pause, I want to program the game in the state of pause with labview. Have you an idea, please or you had non need for this. 
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(1,314 Views)

So, you want to control the amount of time the user spends playing the game?  (You sound like a parent to me! Smiley Very Happy

In that case, you keep track of the time s/he has been playing -- could use Elapsed Time Express VI, for this.  Check it out.

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(1,308 Views)
>Thanks Zou for your response but I wonder if it is possible to control the time the subject pass into the game.

Absolutely.  By hidding the game window, you have total control.

>I don't want him to make the game in pause, I want to program the game in the state of pause with labview. Have you an idea, please or you had non need for this.

It depends on which game you choose.  In general, you have to simulate a click, a key press, or a menu selection.

George Zou
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(1,296 Views)

Hi,

Yes it is that I want to control the amount of time the user spends playing the game (subjects are children). But I want too to program the game in state of pause like we can do it with wave sound in Labview (the function SO pause). It would be practical if I have non need to stop the game and restart it when a new response is produced. 

Salut.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(1,280 Views)

So, does the Game have a Keystroke it expects for pausing? 

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(1,273 Views)
Sorry, but I don't know the meaning of the word keystroke. But I don't want the subject to push in the keyboard or clic in the mouse to pause the game.  
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37
(1,269 Views)

Salut,

The subject doesn't have to press the key on the keyboard (i.e., a keystroke), but you can simulate a keystroke from within your program to pause the Game.  So, the first task is to find out if the Game can be paused at all.  Next, is how it can be paused.

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(1,267 Views)

Ok, thanks. First, I will try to choose a game that contains a keystroke but I wonder how find out this.

Salut

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(1,264 Views)

Most games have this functionality..  for instance, Doom can be paused with a "p"  (but that may not be suitable for children)

Bonjour!

-Khalid 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(1,261 Views)
yes, ok but then do you kow how to do for simulate a keystroke via labview? Merci. 
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(1,257 Views)