LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pilot video game by labview?

What programmatic interface does your Game provide?  How do you intend to start/pause/restart this Game?  (Or is that your original question?)

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(1,451 Views)

I have not yet chose the video game precisely, but it will be a classic commercial PC video game. And it is my question too how do for making loading application, play/pause.

Merci.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(1,449 Views)
Hmmm..  why are you even using LabVIEW for this?  Is it just something you're trying to do in your spare time? 

In any case, I guess the solution will depend on the Game you choose.  If, like most games, the only interface to it is via keyboard and mouse-clicks, then you have to simulate these keys and mouse clicks from within LabVIEW.  There are VIs that let you do that.  Search the forums. 

-Khalid
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(1,445 Views)

Oh yes, sorry, it uses the keyboard or mouse as interface, I misunderstand your question. My question is more how loading, playing/pausing the game's application which is external from labview, not customize into labview.

I want to use it in an experiment in psychology. It acts like a reward for one behavior of the subject.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(1,438 Views)
Hi,

Have you any solution for this, please? In fact, it is as calling a wave sound, but it is a video game.

Thanks.   
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(1,426 Views)
If it's an external executable, you can use the 'System Exec.vi' (under Communication function palette), and to play the WAV file, you can use the 'Snd Play Wave File.vi' found under Graphics & Sound >> Sound palette. 

And once it's launched, you simulate keystrokes to control the Game.  

By the way, what kind of game is this -- as in, what is the Game about?  If it's a simple one, you could write it in labVIEW itself.

Salut,

-Khalid 
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(1,422 Views)
Salut,

Thanks Khalid for your solution. I succeed in calling the executable.
Now, my next step is to create sequence of events like the game is running during 10 seconds, making the game in pause, return in the front panel of the VI, and return to the game (in the state he has quitted it before), when the target event occurs (this I Know how doing).

Thanks for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(1,397 Views)

Hi,

Have someone get any ideas for doing that, please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(1,379 Views)

Hi,

Have someone get any ideas for doing that, please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(1,358 Views)
I had a similar project last year for Dome.

To pause the video game, you've to simulate a menu selection, or clicks on the game window.

You can count the 10 sec in your vi, pause the game; hide the game window; and make your VI in the foreground.

George Zou
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(1,350 Views)