LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pilot video game by labview?

Hi,

Sorry first for my english, but I'm french.

I want to permit the user to play video game contingent on some target event (a click in the mouse, for example) occuring in the front panel.
And do this until any time, making a pause, returning in the front panel, waiting for the target event, and when occuring returning in the video game at the place he quited before.

Can I do this and if yes, how can I do, please ?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(3,568 Views)
Salut,

If you want to take actions based on user clickng the mouse, etc., you will want to take a look at the Events Structure.  Look up examples on it and also read about it on the Online Help. 

Salut,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(3,529 Views)
yes, thanks, but for this I know how do, it is more for the video game I don't know how do... 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(3,521 Views)

So, what exactly do you want your Video Game to do? 

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(3,510 Views)

Hi,

Yes, in fact, I want it runs when some event appear in the front panel, the user makes one clic onto the mouse. The video game runs until any time, 30 sec. for example, and the player can interactively plays with it. When the time has elapsed, the video game is at a pause state. We return in the front panel of the VI and waits the target event to reappear for the game runs again.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(3,499 Views)
You can use the Event Structure to capture the User Mouse events, then use a producer-consumer pattern to run your game for the specified time, etc.  Take a look at this: 

LabVIEW 7.1\templates\Frameworks\DesignPatterns\ProducerConsumerEvents.vit

Salut,

-Khalid
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(3,486 Views)
Thank you, I'll look at this and I 'll say you if it works. 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(3,467 Views)

Salut,

Sorry, but I don't understand how loading and running the application of the video game with the template producer/consumer design pattern ?

I have intended to load this with a path function but it doensn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(3,466 Views)

Bonjour,

So, your game thing is an external application?  An executable??

Salut,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(3,446 Views)

Yes it is an external application.

Salut.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(3,435 Views)